New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!) 

Post New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

After almost a year in development I am ready to release my table selection application, TableScan Turbo. It scans the tables of your selected stakes in your poker client(s), retrieves player statistics from your HoldemManager or PokerTracker 3 database, and displays them in an easy-to-read format -- enabling you to quickly and easily find the most desirable tables with the weakest opponents.

What makes TableScan Turbo different:

1) Speed:
TableScan Turbo's client scanner is designed to scan tables and players out of the poker client as fast as the client will technically allow. So, on Full Tilt Poker for example, most people should be able to easily achieve scans of 4-5 tables per second. So a scan of 60 tables should take under 15 seconds. On PartyPoker, you can get 4-5 tables per second, on PokerStars you can get 2-3 tables per second. If the poker sites decrease the delay in their clients between selecting a table and the player info being shown, then TableScan Turbo will be updated to be even faster. And because it is a multi-threaded application, you can scan multiple sites at the same time, and you can very easily open tables or join a waiting list during a scan!

2) Fish Definitions:
As important as it was to me to make scans as fast as possible, it was just as important that once the scan is complete, selecting a table should also be as fast and easy as possible. So I designed a feature I call "Fish Definitions", which:
- instantly identifies the weakest players and assigns them a Fish icon based on their play style
- allows you to sort the weakest players to the top of the players list
- allows you to sort the tables list by # of Fish at the table

I have spent quite a bit of time datamining and studying players from many different sites and limits and game types to create the default Fish Definitions, but they are very easy to change and customize to your own liking as well. I believe this feature is extremely useful for beginners and seasoned veterans alike.

3) More Statistics / Player Details Window:
TableScan Turbo shows you a players 3bet, Fold to 3Bet, and 4bet right in the players list. If you want to know even more about a player, you can right click the player, select "Player Details" and a new window is opened which shows more statistics from your database, a rundown of the tables they are in and their stack sizes, and best of all there is a simple hand history viewer which allows you to view a players biggest hands from your database in which their hole cards were shown.

4) My Open Tables:
By selecting the "My Open Tables" filter, TableScan Turbo will filter & scan all the tables you have open. This allows you to view a player's statistics as soon as they sit down, it is very useful when sitting at open heads up tables. Using this feature, you can use TableScan Turbo as a HUD replacement.

5) PokerStars Optical Character Recognition:
This may not be important to everyone, but I wanted to mention it here because I am extremely proud of the PokerStars OCR I have written, I believe it is the most efficient, fastest, and most accurate OCR available today for the PokerStars table list, and it will only get faster and more accurate as time goes on.

6) Simplicity and ease of use:
TableScan Turbo is very easy to set up, and even easier to use. When you first start the program, you will be greeted by a Setup Wizard which guides you through setting up the most important settings. Even if you have never used a table selection application before, you should have it up and running within 2 minutes. The application itself is designed for constant daily use, at multiple sites, multiple stakes and multiple table sizes.

7) Attention to detail:
I have put a lot of time, thought, and an obsessive attention to detail into the design of TableScan Turbo which I think people will appreciate.

8) And much more:
I cannot list all the little things I've done to make TableScan Turbo better, but I hope you will find that it works exactly as you'd expect it to work. I have been programming for nearly 10 years now and have written applications which are still being used today by some very high profile businesses, and I can easily say without a doubt TableScan Turbo is by far my greatest accomplishment to date. I have also been grinding midstakes NLHE for about 2 years, and I think that I have a very good understanding of what poker players want and how they think, because I am one, and I actually use this software myself, almost every day.

I am currently doing a free beta test, which means anyone can download and use the application for free! So, please give it a try, you can download it at my website,

http://www.tablescanturbo.com/

If you need any help, or have any questions, feel free to ask, I will do my best to help everyone who needs it. I really want to make this the best I can, any suggestions or comments are much appreciated!

- Stephen

Supported Poker Sites:
- Full Tilt Poker
- PokerStars
- PartyPoker

Supported Databases:
- HoldemManager
- PokerTracker 3

Coming Soon:
- More Poker Sites Supported
- Server side scanning
- Player Details Window Improvements
- More Keyboard Shortcuts
- Support for multiple active databases
- Support for more game types(Omaha Hi, etc)

Screenshot:

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:14 am

Post Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

Thank you for letting us know about your new product and I will see if we can get someone to do either an article or a review on it :)

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:07 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: New Table Selection Software: TableScan Turbo (Free Beta!)

A first impressions article is coming *very* soon :) Thanks to Zandry who found a bug in his v0.34 edition of TST and the next day released a new version that proved to fix the issue for me.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 pm