Sharkscope HUD Computer Crash Maybe? 

Post Sharkscope HUD Computer Crash Maybe?

Let me first say I was playing on Reefer Poker. I was playing 3 Tournaments and I was at the final table of one of them in the top 4. All 3 tables were tiled. I also had MSN and AIM running but only in 1 msn conversation. I had Sharkscope HUD running. Thats all that i remember having open when my computer shut down on me and it will not turn back on. It wasn't even lagging before it did that. I am playing on a 17" HP 3GB Ram Pavillian Entertainment Laptop.

I quickly downloaded Reefer Poker on another one of my computers and then continued playing. After I did that I was trying to figure out. On the laptop that I quickly got on it is the same exact type of laptop as my other. So I played one table and I had MSN open. My CPU Usage was like averageing 4-10%. Then I closed out reefer real quick so I can open it up with Sharkscope HUD and then i looked up the CPU usage and it was averaging around 60-80 percent even reaching 100% at times. I don't know if this is just a coninsidence, but I dont know. I'm going to send my laptop to HP tomarrow as I was going to send it there anyway for another issue, which being my zero key broke when I was typing a bet the other day.

My laptop can 6-12 table on PS, FTP and Cake Poker with no problem with Holdem Manager running so I don't know. I normally play 2-4 MTTs on reefer. I was just starting to really like the Sharkscope HUD too after my complaints about it last month. I don't know this is just frustrating to me. Sigh :(

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Post Re: Sharkscope HUD Computer Crash Maybe?

If your laptop won't turn back on, that's a hardware failure and in no way related to any software you were running.

If your laptop is constantly using a high % of the CPU this will generate a lot of heat which can result in a computer turning off, but that wouldn't explain it not turning back on. The only reason overheating would result in that would be if it got so hot that a component melted or became damaged in some other way. I would guess that is was some kind of failure of the power system.

Hopefully your laptop is still under warranty and HP will be able to fix it for free :)

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

The computer was alot warmer than normal I did forget to mention that when it shut off. I turned the laptop on last night and it seemed to turn back on. I left the laptop on for 5 minutes will absolutely no programs running and the computer was already warm. So I guess it overheated. I don't know though. I'm sending the laptop to HP on monday. Its under warranty so im good. I guess I'm gonna have to play on a smaller screen laptop the week. :(

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:58 am

It sounds like maybe a fan failed. A fan's bearings could have also gone out which could make it dangerous to run the laptop. I would hold off on using it until you are able to send it in for repairs.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:08 pm
Profile WWW