suggestions for some poker software 

Post suggestions for some poker software

it's been a few months now from my first post and am a lot more familiar with various software and was wondering if someone could suggest one maybe two pieces of software for me to purchase. I keep getting confused with databases etc. I like the look of holdem manager but will I only have info on my opponents if I've played them before or are they kept on a database so I'll instantly have info on many players? I think thats what poker edge does right?
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting holdem mngr as for analysing my own play and hud display it seems to be commonly considered the best. If anyone got any thoughts it'd be much appreciated.
Oh and just one other thing. Can you get any software that notifies you when there's a tourney approaching that's especially good value for money. I saw 2 different $10,000 guaranteed tourneys tonight both $10 entry but one had 1147 or something opponents and one had just 400 or something. I suppose you'd have to enter your own parameters but I'm intrigued to know if that's possible. Thanks

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Post Re: suggestions for some poker software

Holdem Manager will only display stats based on the hands that you have in your database. Poker Edge uses a central database, but as such it is banned on many of the more popular poker sites such as Full Tilt or PokerStars.

There are options available for increasing the size of your database such as using data mining programs or purchasing hand histories from a company such as HandHQ or ProDataMine.

We have promotions available in our free poker software store where you can get access to these hand history services for free.

The only site I know of that offers a program to find overlays is Overlay Zone, which you can find here: http://www.overlayzone.com/

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:09 pm
Profile WWW

thanks for the reply m8. i'll have a look at holdem mngr i'm thinkin.cheers

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:44 am

Any time. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

I've been using PO2 and recently moved to PO5. With the support that they have been giving I'm ready to switch. I was wondering the info In my PO2 database. Can it be moved to HEM or PT3???

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 pm

There should be an option to export your hand histories to text files, which can then be imported into HEM or PT3.

I am not sure how to export the hand history files with the new version of Poker Office, but what I was able to locate on doing it with the old version was this:

Quote:
To export hand histories from Poker Office you need to go to Ring Games -> Overview, click the level (or "Summary" if you wish to export all hands) from which you want to export hands. You will now be able to see all your Game Id's in the Game Details tab, click the first Game Id (not on the clickable link though)and then hit Ctrl +a, which will highlight all the hand histories. Then right click on one of the Game Id's and choose Show HandHistory for selected hands. A new window with all the hand histories will now pop up, highlight a small part of the text and then hit Ctrl +a and then hit Ctrl +c. Then open a text file (notepad document) and hit Ctrl +v, then save the file to your hard disk. And finally import the text file into your PartyPoker database.

and...

Quote:
There is an easier way to export the hand histories.

The following assumes you are using MySQL, the "mysql" program is in your path, your PO database is called "pokeroffice", the user is "root" and there is no password. Do not type the quotes.

1) create a script with notepad (or your favorite editor) called "hh.sql", containing the text "SELECT handhistory FROM handhistory;". Note the ";".

2) from the command prompt run:
mysql --user=root pokeroffice <hh.sql >hhout.txt

The file "hhout.txt" will contain all the hand histories.

I did this under Linux, the file contained "\n" instead of newline characters, so may require a bit of hand editing (search and replace) . It also contained Ctrl-M (return) characters, which Linux does not use, but Windows does. I do not know what the Windows output will look like. I assume the same.

You should be able to import all the hand using the file import option in PO.

The entire thread on the subject can be found here: http://www.pokeroffice.com/forum/poker- ... abase.html

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:52 am
Profile WWW